Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mini-saga: A Lesson in Just 50 Words

Ever heard the term 'Mini-saga'? It is a story that is written in exactly 50 words; neither 49 nor 51. I came across the term while reading one of my favorite blogs: Life Beyond Code. We all know that each story has a lesson to be learnt. It is a smart idea to put a lesson in just 50 words. I too got inspired and wrote a mini-saga of my own. It goes as follows:

Fear
It was getting dark. She walked faster. The street was not safe. Two men were walking behind her talking casually. Scared, she prayed to God & turned back, only to see them disappearing into a lane. Now she was alone on the road. The feeling of being alone was more fearful.

I hope it conveys the message. Another very good mini-saga, which I am borrowing from Rajesh's blog is as follows:

John loved the library. That day, he was engrossed in a book. He hopedto finish reading it completely. It was almost the end and then… therewas a surprise – the last section was missing. "Alas" John thought"this book is close to real life. You don't know happens next…"

In case you have a mini-saga of yours, kindly mail it to me, or post it here as a comment.

No comments: