Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Importance of Name

I have heard the CEO of our company speak about the importance of a name. He says that if you want to market a product, ensure that it has got a right name. For example, what do you feel when you hear 'Golden-Eye' TV model (from LG) & 'Ajit' (from BPL)? Which one appeals to you? What comes to your mind when you hear the word 'Blogger', and 'Rediff-island'? A washing-soap names as 'Ghari' (meaning 'clock' in Hindi)? Or 'Surf' as a washing powder?

We notice that many times the name itself suggests a lot about the product. People assume that the product with that particular name can do something which other products cannot. This remains in their sub-conscious mind when they are making the purchase. In brief, name sells.

I was very inspired by the talk & then I realized that I too need to name the URL to my blog. So I am now shifting this blog to a brand new URL, which speaks for itself: http://lifecontinuestoteach.blogspot.com/

The content is going to remain the same. In fact, I have already added my previous post to this new URL. Kindly bookmark it. Jus delete the old bookmark from your bookmarks folder. Then visit the new URL & bookmark it.

Henceforth I will be posting on the new URL. :-)

No comments: